The people she cares for the most drew her to focus her practice on estate planning and small business planning. In her estate planning practice, Jeneva helps clients get educated on what would happen to those they love and everything they own in the case of death or incapacity. She guides clients through key planning decisions to address their biggest concerns, putting in place protections for those they love and all they have worked hard to earn. Being part of a family filled with small business entrepreneurs, she has a passion for helping small business owners get a strong legal foundation in place to protect their business and personal assets. Jeneva helps small business owners start, operate, and grow their businesses through proactive legal planning. Her main priority is to serve clients as a trusted legal advisor in life and legacy planning and small business planning, offering client-centered service, flexibility, and honoring client goals.
Her legal career began in central Florida as an Assistant State Attorney in the 9th Judicial Circuit, where she completed approximately 50 jury trials. She then handled both criminal and civil cases as an Assistant Attorney General in the Office of the Attorney General of New Mexico Medicaid Fraud and Elder Abuse Division. In 2016, Jeneva was appointed as General Counsel for the New Mexico Higher Education Department by the Governor of New Mexico, and later as the Deputy Cabinet Secretary for the executive agency. Immediately before joining Bray & Long, Jeneva was a solo practitioner, operating La Strada Law, focused on estate and small business planning.
Jeneva grew up in Rio Rancho, NM. She earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from the University of Tulsa and her J.D. from Barry University School of Law in Orlando, FL. She lives in Tega Cay, South Carolina, together with her husband and daughter. Jeneva loves to travel, listen to podcasts, all things Italian, home improvement projects, and being with family and friends.
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- B.A., University of Tulsa 2009
- J.D., Barry University School of Law 2012
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- New Mexico
- New Jersey
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Vice Chair, Solo Practitioner / Small Firm Section
- Co-Vice Chair, Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Legal Aid of North Carolina
- North Carolina State Bar
- South Carolina Bar
- State Bar of New Mexico
- Florida Bar
- New Jersey Bar
- Estate plans tailored to those with minor children, putting key protections in place such as temporary guardianship nominations, power of attorney and health power of attorney for children, emergency response plan to make sure children are placed with trusted individuals if an emergency occurs, excluding individuals clients would never want to serve as guardians, and guidance for guardians.
- Estate plans for blended families, single individuals, and those with existing prenuptial agreements.
- Contract audits and business audits, giving clients proactive legal advice to protect their existing business or create new businesses.
- Custom contracts for service-based businesses.
- Website terms and conditions, privacy policies, and community guidelines.
“Bray & Long far exceeded my expectations. Their solid advice and dogged persistence against a highly worthy adversary yielded great results in a timely manner. I would highly recommend Bray & Long for their unparalleled expertise and their sound guidance and advice.”