Charles J. Bridgmon
Charlie Bridgmon is an experienced litigation attorney who practices in the areas of business litigation and personal injury, with an emphasis on medical negligence, trucking accidents, and product liability. He began his legal career at Furr, Henshaw & Ohanesian, P.C. in Columbia, SC, where he focused his practice on medical malpractice. Charlie then was asked to join McCutchen, Blanton, Johnson and Barnette, LLP, where he focused his practice on medical malpractice and other complex litigation matters, including business litigation and class actions. Following his relocation to Charlotte, NC, he joined Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote as a senior associate, where he concentrated his practice on legal malpractice defense and product liability. Immediately prior to joining Bray & Long, Charlie was a solo practitioner.
Charlie’s litigation experience includes litigating cases in State and Federal Courts throughout North and South Carolina. He prides himself in establishing strong relationships with each and every client, with the goal of tailoring a personalized litigation plan that accomplishes the desired outcome with the intent to lessen the burden of protracted and costly litigation.
Immediately following law school, Charlie clerked for The Honorable C. Tolbert Goolsby, Jr., South Carolina Court of Appeals and The Honorable Rodney A. Peeples, South Carolina Second Judicial Circuit.
- Commercial Real Estate
- Financial Services
- Real Estate
- Successfully defended a national ladder manufacturer in a multi-million dollar product liability action in which the plaintiff claimed a traumatic brain injury resulting from a fall.
- Represented surviving spouse in a wrongful death claim arising from a collision caused by a tractor-trailer.
- Defended a loan servicing institution against claims for conversion and misrepresentation by a mortgage broker and financial institution.
- Represented the owner of an automobile dealership against his insurer for claims arising from theft by an employee/manager.
- B.S., Chemical Engineering. Clemson University, 1999
- J.D. University of South Carolina, 2002
- North Carolina
- Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of the United States District Court of North Carolina
- South Carolina
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Publications and Speaking Appearances
- South Carolina Damages, South Carolina Tort Claims Act, 1st (2004)(2009) editions