Charlie is an experienced litigation attorney who practices in the areas of business litigation, trusts and estates administration and litigation, and personal injury. Charlie began his ‘informal’ legal career at the age of 15, when he began working after school and at every opportunity he could for a prominent lawyer in his hometown of Barnwell, South Carolina. This continued through high school, college, and law school, at which time Charlie was asked to clerk for The Honorable Rodney A. Peeples, Chief Administrative Judge for the Second Judicial Circuit in South Carolina. Following his clerkship, Charlie began his legal career at Furr, Henshaw & Ohanesian, P.C. in Columbia, SC, where he focused his practice on medical malpractice. Charlie then was asked to join McCutchen, Blanton, Johnson and Barnette, LLP, where he focused his practice on medical malpractice and other complex litigation matters, including business litigation and class actions. Following his relocation to Charlotte, NC, he joined Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote as a senior associate, where he concentrated his practice on legal malpractice defense and product liability. Charlie joined Bray & Long in 2013.
Charlie’s litigation experience includes litigating cases in State and Federal Courts throughout North and South Carolina. He prides himself in establishing strong relationships with each and every client, creating a tailored litigation plan consistent with the client’s desired outcome but always with the client’s best interests in mind.
- Commercial Real Estate
- Financial Services
- Real Estate
- B.S., Chemical Engineering. Clemson University, 1999
- J.D. University of South Carolina, 2002
- North Carolina
- Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of the United States District Court of North Carolina
- South Carolina
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Successfully defended a national ladder manufacturer in a multi-million dollar product liability action in which the plaintiff claimed a traumatic brain injury resulting from a fall.
- Represented surviving spouse in a wrongful death claim arising from a collision caused by a tractor-trailer.
- Defended a loan servicing institution against claims for conversion and misrepresentation by a mortgage broker and financial institution.
- Represented the owner of an automobile dealership against his insurer for claims arising from theft by an employee/manager.
- Represented trust beneficiary against trustee for breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Represented trustee of family trust against claims by beneficiaries.
Publications and Speaking Appearances
- South Carolina Damages, South Carolina Tort Claims Act, 1st (2004)(2009) editions
“To find a law firm with expertise in a variety of business matters is of utmost importance to any business, no matter the size. Bray & Long, LLC has exhibited that expertise in our continual dealings with them. We are extremely pleased in all services offered by their team of attorneys.”