Reliability, and confidence, jointly create a belief in the ability of someone or organization to responsibly manage on behalf of someone else, and to us, this is a hallmark of the trust we have in Jeff Long and the Bray & Long team.
Trusts & Estates
Estate planning is about being prepared. An unexpected tragedy places a heavy burden on family and loved ones. Not having a clearly defined estate plan adds a great deal of uncertainty, expense, and frustration to an already sad and tragic situation. We strive to make the entire estate planning process understandable and easy to implement.
There are several factors that should be considered in determining a wealth transfer strategy. Examples include:
- Whether or not estate taxes may be owed.
- What is the process in administering an estate and how much does that process cost?
- How can those costs be avoided?
- How can I make this process easier on my family?
The attorneys at Bray & Long can assist you in navigating the complexities of estate planning and provide a clear and simple process for you and your loved ones to follow. Whether you need guidance on appointing guardians for minor children and/or incompetent adults or options on how best to approach wealth transfer that is cost effective and offers protection to your heirs, we are here to help.
We regularly advise families on all of these issues, and develop plans to best accomplish each family’s goals. All of the following documents and/or plans are possible ways to help a family implement an estate plan:
- Last Will and Testament
- Revocable Trust
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Health Care Power of Attorney
- Irrevocable Trusts for Children or Grandchildren
- Spousal Access Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts or Supplemental Needs Trusts
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Family Limited Liability Companies
- Buy-Sell and other Family Business Succession Documents
Contact one of our experience professionals to schedule an appointment about how we can help you and your family protect and preserve your assets.