Brian T. McCully
Brian McCully joined Bray & Long, PLLC as an associate in May 2021 and practices in the areas of commercial real estate and corporate law. He was born in Littleton, Colorado in 1981, and was raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Since moving to Charlotte and becoming a member of the North Carolina Bar in 2007, Brian has closed numerous commercial real estate transactions, including purchases and refinances of office condominiums, shopping centers, hotels, retail, residential, and industrial and warehouse properties. He has more than 11 years’ experience in writing title opinions, issuing title insurance policies, and solving complex real estate title issues. He also has extensive experiencing drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial leases for both landlords and tenants of all levels of sophistication. Brian has helped hundreds of medium and small business owners with corporate formations and general legal advice, as well as advice for starting and operating their businesses. As a dental business attorney, he has advised many dentists and dental specialists regarding real estate and corporate matters with respect to starting a new practice or acquiring an existing one including forming business entities, reviewing letters of intent and contracts, and conducting closings for the purchase.
Prior to joining Bray & Long, PLLC, Brian was Senior Associate with Gorman & Associates, P.A. from 2015 until 2021 practicing in the areas of commercial real estate, corporate law, residential real estate, and estate planning. From 2010 to 2015, Brian acted as General Counsel for Boston National Settlement Services headquartered in the Uptown Charlotte area. Initially, Brian began his legal career as an attorney with Shapiro & Ingle, LLP representing lenders in the fields of foreclosure and bankruptcy law, and as an attorney with Hudson Legal.
Before moving to North Carolina, Brian obtained his Juris Doctorate from Duquesne University School of Law in 2007 and he previously graduated from Pennsylvania State University with an undergraduate degree in Labor & Industrial Relations. Brian is a member of St. Peter Catholic Church in uptown Charlotte, is considered a “movie-guy”, and can often be found exercising at local gyms.
- Business Law
- Commercial Construction
- Commercial Real Estate
- Office Leasing
- Property Management
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Investing
- Real Property Finance
- Residential Construction
- Retail & Restaurant Leasing
- Has closed numerous commercial real estate transactions, including purchases and refinances of office condominiums, shopping centers, hotels, retail, residential, and industrial and warehouse properties.
- Has helped hundreds of small business owners with LLC and corporate formations, lease reviews, and general legal advice for starting and operating a small business.
- As a dental business attorney, has advised many dentists and dental specialists regarding lease reviews and corporate formations with respect to starting a new practice, or letters of intent, contracts, and closings when purchasing an existing one.
- Has more than 11 years experience in writing title opinions, issuing title insurance policies, and solving complex real estate title issues.
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University, Industrial and Labor Relations 2004
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law
- North Carolina