Brendan Dillashaw joined Bray & Long in the spring of 2011 as an associate and became a Partner in May of 2016. For the past decade, Brendan has practiced law at the cross-roads of real property and business, helping business owners and commercial real property investors and tenants manage their everyday needs. When asked what his primary practice is, Brendan’s response is: “Helping my clients buy, sell and manage their real estate and helping my clients start, manage, buy and sell businesses.”
Brendan’s primary area of practice is two-fold: i) general real estate including commercial real property acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, finance and management; and ii) general corporate including advising businesses in many industries and assisting in the purchase and sale of a businesses (mergers and acquisitions). Brendan has also spent a considerable amount of his career practicing in the areas of estate planning and general civil litigation and, as a result, Brendan can draw from this experience when advising his clients.
Brendan is in good standing with the North Carolina State Bar. He is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association where he participates in the Real Property, Business and Estate Planning sections and is a member of the Mecklenburg County Bar Association. Brendan is also a licensed North Carolina Real Estate Broker.
Brendan obtained his Bachelor of Arts in History from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2001. He subsequently acquired his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2004. He received the CALI Award (formerly the American Jurisprudence Award) for Trust & Estates in 2002.
Originally from Charlotte, Brendan enjoys spending time with his family and his interests span golf, travel, music, and wine. Brendan previously served as a member of the Development Committee of the First Tee of Charlotte and as Co-Chair of Second String Santas and has been active in the Good Fellows Club and Friendship Trays organizations.
- Commercial Real Estate
- Office Leasing
- Property Management
- Real Estate Investing
- Real Property Finance
- Retail & Restaurant Leasing
- B.A., University of North Carolina 2001
- J.D., University of South Carolina 2004
- North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Member Real Property Section
- Member Estate Planning Section
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
Representative TransactionsRecent Representation Examples
- Acquisition of 30,000 square foot shopping center.
- Dentist’s Acquisition of a dental practice and the real property where the practice operates.
- Acquisition of 140,000 square foot industrial center.
- Sale of 15,000 square foot restaurant outparcel building.
- Developer representation of mixed use retail and residential center.
- Restaurant start-up representation and asset purchase from existing operating restaurant.
- Office building acquisition for client with Small Business Administration financing.
- Brewery lease negotiation and expansion of leased premises.
- Recipient, CALI Award (Formerly: American Jurisprudence Award) for Trust & Estates, 2002.
“When an attorney has such attention to detail that you can focus on your job instead of his, you’ve got a great one. Theory House was very impressed with Bray & Long, PLLC and the work Brendan Dillashaw delivered for our commercial property purchase.”