Simon John O’Brien
Simon O’Brien joined Bray & Long, PLLC, in November 2016 and serves as an Associate Attorney. Currently, he handles transactional matters within the practice areas of commercial real estate, contracts, startups, franchising, general corporate issues, sports law and mergers and acquisitions. It is Simon’s goal to connect with clients on a personal level, to understand individual problems, and to ensure that each client recognizes him as a key member of their legal team.
Taking it upon himself to learn about his clients’ concerns, Simon creates detailed legal plans that allow for goals to be achieved in an effective manner and for worries and problems to be alleviated. Simon makes a concerted effort to keep clients informed throughout every step of the process, communicating that his door is always open when support is needed. He is invested in his clients and continually strives to add value to their individual ventures.
Prior to joining Bray & Long, Simon practiced commercial real estate law with two other Charlotte firms. He had the opportunity to represent a variety of commercial clients that included regional banks, individual investors, and small- to mid-sized businesses and their owners.
Born in County Kerry, Ireland, and having grown up in New York, Simon has made a home in Charlotte with his wife, Foster (who happens to be a native), and a dog and two cats. He enjoys watching and attending auto races and football games, traveling, playing golf, and spending time with friends and family.
- Representation of developer in connection with drafting loan documents and securitization of $120 million in multiple layered financing of new and existing mixed-use buildings.
- Advise lenders, property developers, property managers and title companies on matters including drafting and negotiating commercial leases, franchise agreements, HOA declarations, condominium declarations, entity formation, unwinding tenant-in-common structures, loan securitization and the purchase and sale of property and assets.
- J.D. Elon University School of Law 2012
- B.A. University of North Carolina at Charlotte 2009
- North Carolina 2012
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar